Recipe by Dib's
A lovely addition to a dessert buffet or served hot with tea.15
Top Review by Karin...
These Dessert Samosas are beauuuutiful!! And am going to make them again this coming weekend! I just love anything coconutty!! Thanks for the idea/suggestion for sweet treats to have after dinner with coffee! They worked very well!
- 12 ounces frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, soaked in the coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 6 pieces crystallized ginger, slivered
Directions See How It's Made
- After soaking the coconut for 1 hour mix remaining ingredients together.
- Roll out pastry sheet, about 1/4 inch thick and cut into 3 inch circles.
- Place 1 1/2 t's of filling in each, moisten edges with water, fold over and seal edges by crimping.
- Place pastries on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush pastries with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- ***The amount you get depends on how thick you roll the pastry.