Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on epicurious which stated "This recipe is from The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking, published by The Southwestern Co., Nashville, TN.". Its a great recipe! Posting as requested! prep time includes overnight chilling. Im not sure how long it takes to thicken, so cook time is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 3 cups green grapes
- 1 can pineapple chunk, drained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Get out your double boiler and combine eggs, sugar, flour and juices in it, and cook over simmering water until mixture is thickened; cool.
- After it has cooled, fold whipped cream into this cooled mixture.
- Fold remaining ingredients into your whipped cream mixture and cover it and Chill overnight.
I made this yesterday and chilled it, but could not keep my spoon out of it, it's just wonderful, it's on the thick side but fluffy, I might give this a try using Cool Whip topping in place of the whipped cream, my grape-loving DH said he will have this every week now! I love this recipe! thanks L4C!...Kitten:)