Recipe by Pikake21
I found this at the National Pasta Association website, and thought that it was a very interesting looking recipe. I'm not sure that I would be able to finish off something like this (in terms of eating it), but it would definitely be fun to try out!
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles, 12 pieces
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 8 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 4 cups strawberries, washed and trimmed, 8 reserved for garnishing
- 4 cups blackberries, washed
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- mint sprig, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In the food processor, puree 4 kiwis with 2 tablespoons sugar. Transfer the puree to a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
- In the processor, puree half the strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree into a bowl and set it aside. Rinse the processor bowl.
- In the processor, puree half the blackberries with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain the puree and set it aside.
- Slice the kiwis into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Slice the strawberries into 1/8-inch thick pieces. Slice the blackberries in half.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of each of the purees to use as a garnish when serving.
- To assemble the lasagne, first cover the bottom of a 9-inch-by-13-inch glass baking pan with 3 pieces of pasta.
- Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta on top and spread it evenly.
- Pour the kiwi puree over the cheese and arrange the kiwi slices on the puree.
- Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with 1/2 the remaining cheese.
- Pour the strawberry puree over the cheese and sprinkle with sliced strawberries.
- Lay on 3 more pieces of pasta and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Pour the blackberries puree over the cheese and sprinkle with blackberries.
- Top with a final layer of pasta.
- Cover tightly with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the lasagne with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and with the toasted almonds. Cut into 8 rectangles and use a spatula to set the pieces on dessert plates. Decorate the plates with dots of reserved purees. Garnish each piece of lasagne with a strawberry and a sprig of mint.