Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick yet elegant dessert or brunch item. My slight adaptation of Ontario's LCBO BBQ book recipe from Summer 2011. To be paired with Malibu Black Coconut Flavored Rum.
- 12 large strawberries, tops removed
- 6 peaches, sliced
- 1⁄2 pineapple, cored and sliced into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- Place fruit in marinade (honey, lemon juice and zest, brown sugar) for a few minutes.
- Skewer fruit on pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Spray grill with oil and BBQ fruit on medium heat, turning to caramelize marinade. Cook until grill marks form.
- Mix hazelnut spread with rum and serve over hot fruit.
- I added a handful of fresh, wild blueberries for a little zing.
- Option: serve over vanilla ice cream.
Delicious! You don't need the ice cream! I agree it would be simpler to cook the fruit in foil or a pie plate than all those skewers, if you aren't concerned with presentation. Read to do that with fruit somewhere, grill in foil with the sugar so it makes a sauce.