1/3 Photos of Dessert Egg Rolls
This is such a delightful dessert and looks so good when served. I really impressed the guys at deer camp with this one. I could only approximate the prep time and cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs tart green apples, peeled,cored,sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 lemons, zest of, of grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- apple pie spice
- 1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 package egg roll wrap
- caramel sauce
- 1Place apples, apple juice, sugar, jam, zest, nutmeg, and apple pie spice in a large heavy skillet Cook over med-high heat, covered, until apples are tender, about 10-15 minutes Stir in walnuts and taste and adjust seasonings.
- 2Place several tablespoon of filling at an angle in the center of an eggroll wrapper.
- 3Roll up like an envelope Lightly moistening edges with water to seal Place seam-side down on buttered baking sheet.
- 4Repeat until all filling is used Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Place under hot broiler until golden about 3-5 minutes To serve: Place caramel sauce into individual dessert plates and place egg rolls on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dessert Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
egg roll wraps