Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is such a delightful dessert and looks so good when served. I really impressed the guys at deer camp with this one. I could only approximate the prep time and cook time.
Top Review by alligirl
These were tasty! I'm not sure if I did the 'rolling' right, but mine were like little purses or envelopes. I followed other reviewers who used Pam, but, may try the butter next time. I also sprinkled with some vanilla sugar, which I happened to hve on hand. Mine did not crisp up the way I would have liked, but that may have been my fault. I will make them again, as they are unlike any I've had before! Thanks for sharing, ~Nimz~! Made for ZWT 6.
- 3 lbs tart green apples, peeled,cored,sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 lemons, zest of, of grated
- freshly grated nutmeg
- apple pie spice
- 1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 package egg roll wrap
- caramel sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples, apple juice, sugar, jam, zest, nutmeg, and apple pie spice in a large heavy skillet Cook over med-high heat, covered, until apples are tender, about 10-15 minutes Stir in walnuts and taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place several tablespoon of filling at an angle in the center of an eggroll wrapper.
- Roll up like an envelope Lightly moistening edges with water to seal Place seam-side down on buttered baking sheet.
- Repeat until all filling is used Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place under hot broiler until golden about 3-5 minutes To serve: Place caramel sauce into individual dessert plates and place egg rolls on top.