Recipe by HeliWif
Yummy!! This recipe will knock the socks off any guest! This recipe my mother originally found out of a cookbook, but unfortunately I do not know which. This works well with both frozen and fresh strawberries. I'd imagine almost any fruit could be substituted as well. (Prep time does not include chilling of strawberries).
- 473.18 ml sliced strawberries
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 314.66 ml milk
- 29.58 ml oil or 29.58 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To make strawberry cream: Combine the strawberries and sugar and chill, anywhere from an hour to overnight.
- Drain excess water from strawberries and sugar.
- In mixing bowl blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in reserved strawberries.
- To make dessert crepes: Beat eggs; add remaining ingredients (batter can be refrigerated up to 2 hours).
- Heat pan over med-high heat (you can use an actual crepe pan, but I just use a small frying pan).
- When a few drops of water sprinkled on the pan bounces is about the right temperature.
- Pour about 1/8 C of batter into pan, tilting to spread evenly.
- When the crepe has turned a light brown color you may or may not want to turn to brown other side.
- Turn to brown other side if batter has not set.
- Fill crepes with strawberry cream.
- May serve immedietly or chills well in the refrigerator (up to 2 days).
- Before serving I usually sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar on the crepes.
- The dessert crepe receipe will also work well with many other fillings.