Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine after eating it at a Christmas party. I usually cut back on the chips I stir into the ball and roll the ball in chips instead of nuts. Just personal preference. I also buy regular and chocolate graham crackers and arrange them around the ball for a nice presentation. Enjoy!
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- more chocolate chips (optional) or chopped nuts, to roll the ball in (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Form cheese into a ball using hand protection (Saran wrap, wax paper, etc).
- Optional- just before serving, roll in additional chocolate chips or nuts of your choice.
- Serve with graham crackers.
Make sure you save some before taking this dish to a gathering. There will be none left!!!!!
I love this recepie! So easy and everyone likes it! My favorite to serve with is Nilla Waffers! Try it.... I liked much better than the grahm crackers. O and just remember if you do not have mini chocolate chips on hand then just use a chopper and make them smaller... still looks pretty and tastes better that way!
We tried this out because of all of the good reviews. We made it for our church picnic, and while we saw that most of it was gone before we left, we weren't that impressed by it... It was incredibly sweet, kind of like eating frosting with chocolate chips mixed in. It just wasn't our kind of dessert I guess.