Recipe by TrinkDawg
I got this recipe from a friend of mine after eating it at a Christmas party. I usually cut back on the chips I stir into the ball and roll the ball in chips instead of nuts. Just personal preference. I also buy regular and chocolate graham crackers and arrange them around the ball for a nice presentation. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- more chocolate chips (optional) or chopped nuts, to roll the ball in (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Form cheese into a ball using hand protection (Saran wrap, wax paper, etc).
- Optional- just before serving, roll in additional chocolate chips or nuts of your choice.
- Serve with graham crackers.