Recipe by jmelyn
I got this surprisingly yummy recipe from a former co-worker who informed me that this is called, simply, DESSERT. It's very adaptable. I've made it with butterscotch pudding and crushed Heath Bar and, for Christmas last year, chocolate pudding and crushed green and white striped spearmint candies. Could not be easier, and people seem to universally like it, despite themselves.
Top Review by Pioneer Nana
I've been making this dessert about 30 years. I've seen this recipe in many cookbooks, it is called Chocolate Delight. It is delightful, yes, everybody does seem to enjoy this.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pudding mix or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesinstant vegetarian pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Cool Whip
- pistachio pudding mix, garnish with chopped nuts or coconut
- butterscotch pudding, garnish with crushed almond roca, heath bar or slivered almonds
- chocolate pudding, garnish with small chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candies or coconut
- lemon pudding mix, garnish with lemon rind
- coconut pudding mix, garnish with coconut or miniature chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust: Mix crust ingredients well.
- Press into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- For the first layer: Mix first layer ingredients well.
- Spread over crust.
- Second layer: Mix and spread over first layer.
- Spread third layer (Cool Whip) over pudding layer and garnish.