Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Again another recipe I received from my Mother. She doen't know where she got it from, but it makes a really nice light dessert for summer.
- 36 -38 large white marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (20 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 box graham wafers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (to start)
- Slowly heat milk on low heat.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Add marshmellow and melt.
- Combine whipping cream and fruit cocktail.
- Fold into cooled marshmellow mixture.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs and butter.
- Mix thoroughly adding more butter if needed.
- Press firmly into an 8" by 12" pan reserving some to sprinkle on top of dessert.
- Top with cocktail mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved graham wafer mixture over top.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.
darlene makes this its very old she got it from mrs goulding here in nebraska
I made this dessert for after our Sunday night dinner, My entire family loved it. I even gave it to my husband as a snack in his lunch and his co-workers are asking for me to make a whole batch to send with him to work again. It was deffinatly a big hit. Thank you.