Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I forgot that it was the week for the Conservation Club's picnic and got caught with my pantry down. Our section of the alphabet was supposed to bring a dessert and I'm not that good at desserts to begin with. Fortunately, DH was able to pick up some whipped topping on the way home from work and I tossed this fruit salad together. It came out surprisingly well.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, very well drained
- 4 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, very well drained
- 16 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- chopped walnuts (to garnish)
- Reserve 15, perfect mandarin orange sections.
- In an attractive, medium-sized, serving bowl layer one can of pineapple chunks and two cans of mandarin orange sections.
- Lightly dust with allspice.
- Spread about 1/3 of the whipped topping over the fruit.
- Make another layer of pineapple and oranges dusted with allspice.
- Top with a generous layer of whipped topping.
- Garnish with an additional dusting of allspice, a handful of chopped walnuts, and the reserved mandarin orange sections.
- Chill before serving if possible.
Can't be easier. You can add cocnut and fresh grapes too--ambrosia.