Recipe by riley_68
I love these cookies! They are sooo good & always come out perfectly done. Evryone I've ever made them for compliments them. (The only problem is it makes 10 dozen, althought I guess that could be a good thing....) I got this recipe from Joanne Fluke's book Peach Cobbler Murder.
- 2 cups melted butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 beaten eggs
- 5 cups flour (you don't need to sift it)
- 3 cups chocolate chips (whatever you feel like or have on hand....dried fruit works well)
- 4 cups chopped nuts (optional, & again whatever you feel like or have)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter.
- Mix in the white and brown sugar.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, salt and mix.
- Add the eggs and stir it all up.
- Then, add half the flour and all the chips and nuts.
- Stir well.
- Add the other half of the flour and mix.
- Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.