Recipe by grrltrouble
came home from work starving with no good ideas. when i looked in the fridge, it was full of vegetables bought on an optimistic trip to the store, and then ignored. the two (why?) bags of spinach i had were threatening a slimey protest if i didn't use them soon. wanted to write this down so i don't forget it next time i'm in a similar situation. i have totally guessed on measurements.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Super-easy to throw together, and pretty good for you, to boot -- what's not to love? I'll definitely be making this again, but I'll probably leave out the lemon zest. It wasn't bad, but I just found it to be a bit too prominent in this for my tastes. I made this in the order given, but I allowed the spinach to cook for a bit because I prefer it more wilted than crunchy. I also added extra feta crumbles to it after I put the mixture in the wrap (love, love, love spinach/feta/tomato together!). Oh, and my tortilla was whole grain instead of plain flour. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring '10
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch of minced dried lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 3 ounces fresh spinach (about 3 or 4 handfuls)
- 2 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour hot water over sundried tomatoes to soften.
- Heat onion, olive oil, oregano, basil, and lemon peel for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue cooking.
- Chop up tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Stir in feta.
- When cheese begins to melt, add spinach and stir until well mixed.
- Roll up in tortillas and eat!
- Flex like Popeye and congratulate yourself for eating your spinach.