- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 45 g butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 65 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- sift flour and salt together with sugar.
- lightly rub in butter with raisins and lemon rind.
- add milk.
- spread out evenly in a greased 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish.
- put to the side.
- put boiling water, sugar and butter in saucepan and heat until butter melts.
- spoon over the contents of the dish.
- bake at 180 degrees for about 45-60 minutes.
- serve while hot.
- can be served with cream and custard if desired.