Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Australia the Beautiful Cookbook. Desirée potatoes are reddish pink-skinned potatoes usually oval and have a cream-colored, slightly waxy flesh.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs desiree potatoes (750 g) or 1 1⁄2 lbs other red potatoes, unpeeled and quartered lengthwise (750 g)
- sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- 10 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- Add potatoes to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Add salt to taste and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly and allow to cool completely.
- Warm the oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté gently until just beginning to color and soften, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer potatoes to a plate. Set aside.
- Increase heat to high, add the potatoes and sauté, shaking the pan back and forth, until almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add the sautéed garlic, rosemary and salt to taste. Continue to sauté until the potatoes are crisp and golden, about 2 minute more.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve at once. Have guests squeeze the garlic cloves from their papery sheaths onto their own servings.
Very tasty and very easy! The "roasted" garlic is a nice touch. Went well with lamb burgers and grilled asparagus. Made for ZWT8.
Delicious, and the perfect accompaniment to lamb steaks. Thanks for posting! Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies ZWT8.