Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sauce I found in Isaac Hayes's cookbook called "Cooking with Heart and Soul." In this sauce, he creates a great sauce using all brand names. It really is great. How could you go wrong? If you double this, taste before you double the spices. A little goes a long way. This is a great dipping sauce for fish, veggies(including french fries), or just whatever you like. I have even used it as a salad dressing.This is a great way to pack a picnic lunch for the kids, you'll have all the condiments in one container! Good Season's (dry) salad dressing mix comes 4 to a package, and this uses 1 of them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Heinz ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise (Best Food's)
- 2 tablespoons gulden's spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons heinz pickled cucumber relish
- 1 (1/8 ounce) package Good Seasons salad dressing mix
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salad dressing mix, Tabosco, (if using),salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before use.