Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fried Chicken Wings indiansed.. made this when i ran out of breadcrumbs and used semolina which is normally used in India as a coating when frying fish
- 500 g chicken
- 150 g semolina
- 200 ml oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons besan, powder (chickpea gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons maida flour (self raising flour)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour (starch) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (as per taste, used kashmiri chilli pwder if you want more color but less spice)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 -2 cup water
- Step 1) Mix all the marinate mix in a bowl and keep aside. The texture should be similar to pancake/idli mixture. Thick but still fluid.
- Step 2) Boil the chicken till cooked.
- Step 3)Add a bit of tumeric and salt for some colour and taste. Remember to scoop out all the dirt that floats out.
- Step 4)Remove from heat, drain out and cut the wings along the joints into wingettes and drummettes.
- Step 5)Place the wings in the marinate mix and kept aside for 5 mins or so. Meanwhile keep a plate of semolina nearby and heat up the oil in the wok/pot.
- Step 6)Once the oil heats up, coat the wings with suji. And fry it.