Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Even if you carry all the ingredients in your backpack in the desert and then cook this meal on a tiny propane stove , the recipe will succeed. But we use it nowdays as a family breakfast.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Boil water with all the spices except black pepper.
- Add oatmeal, boil for 5 minutes , stirring ocasionally.
- add tuna and olive oil. mix well.
- Serve . add black pepper to taste.
Not very good. Easy to cook, sure but basically tuna and oatmeal. Not a good mix. Had to put a ton of ketchup on it just to eat it.