Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
Created by Nestle as great recipes for shipping to troops over seas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1 cup chopped apples, slices or 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt & cinnimon in small bowl and set aside.
- In large mixer bowl beat sugar & shortening until creamy. Add eggs. Gradually add flour mixture and water. Stir in chocolate chips, oats & fruit.
- Spread in ungreased 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" baking pan.
- Bake 18-20 min or untill lightly browned.
- Cool completely and cut into 2" squares.
These are very tasty!! I used chocolate/caramel swirled chips and raisins. Very good and I can't wait to send them to my brother in Iraq tomorrow!