Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I found this on the Women and Wine website. It is Maria Hunt's signature cocktail that she created for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. You can use any sort of sparkling wine you wish, such as French champagne, Spanish cava or Italian asti spumante. And for a lovely pink cocktail, use pink champagne and add a splash of your favorite rose water. It's just a delicious as written below though.
- 1 ounce guava nectar
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce Grand Marnier (or orange liqueur such as Triple Sec, Cointreau)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 ounces sparkling wine (such as French champagne, Spanish cava, Italian spumante)
- 1 slice lime (to garnish)
- Add the guava nectar, passion fruit juice, tequila and orange liqueur in a cocktail glass. Squeeze in the lime juice, and top off with sparkling wine. Garnish the cocktail glass with a slice of fresh lime.