Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple salad with unique ingredients and a dressing that pulls it all together. When I'm all out of "standard" ingredients (i.e. salad veggies), it forces my creativity to surface or go hungry!
- romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup quartered pineapple chunk (canned is fine)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash, dry and break apart lettuce in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with pineapple, peanuts and red onion.
- Set aside and make the dressing by mixing all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or shaker.
- Serve dressing with salad.
I only made the dressing and improvised on the salad but it was delicious! I ran out yesterday and need to get to the store for more mayonaise. Great dressing for the upcoming summer months!!! Thanks!
I can't believe this salad has sat here un-reviewed for four years! It is such a delicious salad. Very simple and so different. The flavors are all pulled together with this delicious dressing. I could see using this dressing on other salads as well. I used lowfat mayonnaise and Estee fructose sweetener instead of regular sugar so it's lowfat and low sugar as well. Thanks for posting, it will definitely be a repeat in my family. Pam