1/2 Photos of Desayuno De Oro - Breakfast of Gold
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. A complete meal by itself - this dish can easily be made vegetarian by eliminating the bacon and sausage. While the crust is baking you have plenty of time to prep your vegetables and other ingredients for the quiche. The dish bakes to a golden color and makes a beautiful main dish for week-end or holiday brunches. I love to serve with fresh salsa, sliced tomatoes and fruit. In a hurry? Use Simply Potatoes® Southwest Style Hash Browns with the melted butter and eliminate the remaining ingredients for the crust. This dish serves 12 hungry amigos and is well received for an office breakfast potluck. Leftovers are great heated up in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1For crust: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Mix first seven ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3Grease 9.5” x 13.5” x 2.5” glass baking dish.
- 4Evenly distribute Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns mixture in baking dish and lightly press to form crust.
- 5Brush top of hash brown mixture with the melted butter.
- 6Bake @ 425 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes (until crust is golden brown).
- 7Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 8For quiche: Layer first eight (8) quiche ingredients on the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown crust - in order listed.
- 9Beat whole milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- 10Slowly pour egg mixture over other ingredients.
- 11Use caution when putting back into the oven – baking dish will still be hot.
- 12Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, or until a knife in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Desayuno De Oro - Breakfast of Gold
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 278.1 mg
- Sodium 1070.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g