Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Recipe from RusCuisine.com
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, these little pancakes tasted great. I was a little nervous because the batter was so thin, but they firmed up nicely. They had a lovely texture and a really nice flavor. They were quick and easy to make with great results. I served them with the sour cream mixture and strawberry jam, for a really nice contrast. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Family Picks - Suitcase Gourmets.
- 1 large onion, grated
- 6 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 pint cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl use a mixer to puree the ingredients except the sour cream & cream. You may do this in a food processor as well or a blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when hot drop large spoonsful of the mixture. Cook until browned on one side. Turn and repeat.
- When done remove, drain, and place in a warm oven.
- Mix the sour cream & cream together. Serve warm with a large dollop of the the cream mixture!
- This a staple in Ukrainian homes and these pancakes will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. In many homes preserves or jam is also served on these delicious pancakes.