Recipe by Ethan's Mom
This is the best bruschetta I've had outside of my favourite Italian restaurant. And the winner of our "Bruschetta Cook-Off" competition! This is really a taste-test recipe. The amounts are just suggestions. Keep trying until you get it right! Enjoy!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lenghtwise
- 4 tomatoes (seeds or no seeds, it's up to you!)
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (the amount is up to you really!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces feta or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 of the oil with the crushed garlic and spread onto bread lightly, toast in broiler until lightly browned but not crispy.
- Mix the remainder of the oil, chopped tomatoes, spices and vinegar.
- Spread on toasted bread and top with cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted.