Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Cooking With Mickey Volume II. It is served at Disney--MGM Studios Theme Park. Makes a wonderful vegetable dish freshly cooked or leftovers are delicious served cold the next day.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise and then sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, large dice
- 2 cups small mushrooms, stemmed and cut in half
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Steam the vegetables for 5 to 6 minutes or until partially cooked, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add steamed vegetables and cilantro; quickly saute until almost tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately. The vegetables should remain slightly crunchy for best flavor.
We loved these lovely crunchy veggies! I used olive oil instead of the butter and had no cilantro so used parsley. Love this combination of veggies, thanks for posting, I will be making them again.
Delicious! I didn't have mushrooms, but added red onion. My children really liked it and asked for seconds.
*Made for Australia/NZ swap #68* Just LOVE steamed veggies ! used all recipe ingredients, (except cilantro gel), but was dealing with broiling fragile crab cakes, so steamed for 15 minutes and skipped the saute this time. Loaded everything in the steamer, so there wasn't much crunch (this time). lovely fresh taste and best of all, enough for another meal ! Thanks for posting, my original A/NZ swap partner !