Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was served at Governor John Y. Brown's Derby day breakfast. The recipe is from a May 1982 issue on Bon Appetit in the "Bon Voyage" section that featured recipes from Kentucky.
- Combine corn,egg,flour,sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or skillet to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter into oil by spoonfuls (do not crowd pan) and fry, turning once, until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Serve fritters hot with maple syrup or dust lightly with powdered sugar and serve.