1/2 Photos of Depression Mustard, Egg, Vinegar Sauce - Slaw,lettuce or Pork
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I do not see eggs cooked in any dressing except hard boiled and sliced. This dressing is very adaptable. It is cooled before drizzling on cabbage, warm for lettuce and warm for drizzling on sliced pork This is simple and cheap. Thus the name and in this economy we need inexpensive recipes. I triple this for large portion of potato salad also after you have salted and peppered the potatos and hard boiled eggs and onions and added celery seed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, beat two eggs and water with wire wisk.
- 2Add vinegar and mustard, salt and sugar. Use 2 tsps sugar at first.
- 3Wisk the dressing until thickened on low to medium heat.
- 41. Cool to put on cabbage and vegetables or bacon.
- 52. Warm to mix with lettuce and green onions and bacon.
- 63. Warm to serve over sliced pork loin or roast.
- 7Note:Cider Vinegar is stronger than White Vinegar and you might want to use the last teaspoon of sugar or add more sugar depending on your taste.
- 8Note:To leave a less stronger taste of mustard, add a tblsp. of milk.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Depression Mustard, Egg, Vinegar Sauce - Slaw,lettuce or Pork
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g