Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I can remember my mother making this and how much I enjoyed it.
- 1 lb ground round (hamburger)
- 1⁄4 cup rice, well soaked
- 2 carrots, cut in narrow strips
- 2 onions, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, sliced paper thin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Crumble raw meat into bottom of casserole. Add rice, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery and seasonings. Mix well. Dot with butter. Pour in tomatoes. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hours.