Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My sister, Ashley, sent this recipe to me. It comes from DePalma's Restaurant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A friend who worked there gave it to Ashley who says it's one of her favorite appetizers.
- 1 small ready made pizza dough (such as Boboli , approx. 9”)
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- chopped walnuts
- crumbled blue cheese (gorgonzola)
- Spread tablespoon of walnut oil over pizza crust.
- Top with cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 350º until edges are browned, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into slices.
Great pizza, was a nice light lunch! Made as written except added a little more gorgonzola cheese (my favorite). Would also be nice with some sliced pears on it too. The walnut oil made the pizza, gave it some moisture and you didn't even miss any sauce. Made for PRMR.