Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice powder to use after your shower or exercise. You can also find already made chlorophyll in most health food stores. Prep time does not include time to make home-made chlorophyll.
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon liquid chlorophyll (see instructions for homemade)
- 3 -5 drops pure grapefruit essential oils, or your favorite (optional)
- Place cornstarch and baking soda in a sealable container, add chlorophyll and essential oil if using, and shake till all is dispersed.
- You can also use your blender on low speed.
- Chlorophyll: (Chlorophyll is known for it's odor-absorbing properties.) Fill a clean wide mouth jar with lawn clippings.
- Make sure your grass has not been chemically treated (and make sure the neighbors don't see you cutting your grass with scissors LOL!) Pour 1 C vodka over this and place the lid on the jar tightly.
- Store in a cool dark place for one week.
- Strain off the clippings with a fine strainer.
- The liquid is your chlorophyll.
I made this today and it smells wonderful. I used Peace and Calming essiential oil (which has citrus essiential oils in it). It feels great when you put it on. It is a satiny smooth feeling. I added the chlorophyll and rubbed it through my fingers until it was broken up like butter in pie dough. Then to make the chlorophyll and essiential oils more evenly distributed, I ran it throug a mesh strainer. I am not going to give it stars right now, but will come back and give stars after I use it a few days to see how well it works. At this point, I'd give it a five star rating just for the feel and smell. Okay, I have been using it for 3 days and I still love it, but I haven't done anything to work up a sweat. It doesn't clog your pores like antipersperant! I love it and will use it during the winter months for sure.