1/1 Photo of Denver Sandwich, Thick and Hearty
Chef Dee's Note:
An old standby, you can quickly whip this up for breakfast, lunch or supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a whisk, beat the eggs, milk and melted margarine.
- 2Add the ham and green onions, stirring until blended.
- 3In a heavy frying pan, melt the 2 tablespoons of margarine.
- 4Pour the egg mixture into the pan, continuously stirring while pouring.
- 5Cover the egg mixture and cook over med-high heat, for about 3-5 minutes. then remove the cover.
- 6Run a spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the eggs.
- 7If there is still a lot of uncooked egg on top, poke through, allowing the egg to run to the bottom of the pan.
- 8When semi-set, cut the egg into quarters and flip each piece over.
- 9Continue cooking until set.
- 10If desired, top with cheese slices.
- 11Remove from heat, cover.
- 12Toast the bread, butter and make 2 hearty sandwiches.
- 13Serve with tomato soup or fries for a lunch or supper meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Denver Sandwich, Thick and Hearty
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 580.4 mg
- Sodium 1052.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g