Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my husband's parents and it is just fabulous! We like to have them for dinner with some oven fries...Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 slice ham (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 pineapple rings
- 2 onion hamburger buns
- Dice onion and green pepper and cube the ham.
- Sauté in butter just until the onions and peppers soften a little.
- Butter the onion buns and grill them on the side (I use a counter top skillet, makes this very easy!).
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour them over the ham, peppers, and onions.
- While cooking the eggs, form them into 2 square patties to fit the buns.
- Throw the pineapple rings on the skillet for a minute to warm them up.
- Plop the omelet patties on the grilled buns, pop the warm pineapple rings on top of that, top with the onion bun top.
- Yummy Yummy Yummy!
Seriously delicious sandwich here. Used Canadian bacon because we like it better than ham. Used toasted sourdough bread instead of burger buns. Really good! Thanks.