Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A nice comfort food that can quickly be thrown together. Best of all, it works for any meal of the day.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Very easy and tasty side dish for breakfast or brunch. I used a green bell pepper since that was what I had on hand. I loved the gooey cheese in and on top of these potatoes. Recipenapped for June, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 2 quart baking dish layer 1/2 each of the potatoes, ham, peppers and cheese.
- Then repeat with remaining ingredients in the following order; ham, peppers and onion. Top with remaining potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.