Cook1 hr 5 mins
A nice comfort food that can quickly be thrown together. Best of all, it works for any meal of the day.
- In a greased 2 quart baking dish layer 1/2 each of the potatoes, ham, peppers and cheese.
- Then repeat with remaining ingredients in the following order; ham, peppers and onion. Top with remaining potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.
Very easy and tasty side dish for breakfast or brunch. I used a green bell pepper since that was what I had on hand. I loved the gooey cheese in and on top of these potatoes. Recipenapped for June, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #62* Truly comfort food ! Made as posted, but didn't notice the "covered" for first 45 minutes -- so covered and baked for additional 25 til potatoes were softer. Turned out just fine. My only addition would be maybe some Italian seasoning, or basil at least -- certainly no salt ! For the 2 of us, plenty for another meal. HMM -- maybe just a shot of hot sauce. Thanks for posting, Chef Buggsy.
This was easy and good. I did add a bit of salt and black pepper to it. I left out the ham and served it with fried drumsticks. Thank You for posting.