Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great breakfast recipe for guests
Make and share this Denver Omelette Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, onion powder, thyme, salt& pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Garnish with tomato slices.
My husband loved this. I thought it was a bit bland - needs a little creole seasoning or Tabasco. Recipe mentions green onions in list, but green peppers in instructions - I used green onions.
Excellent recipe. We did add 2 hefty tspns of siracha sauce and it was the perfect amount to give it some jazzed-up flavor interest. We made it for super--with these very cold winter evenings, it was the best! Served it with a salad and toast.
I have this same recipe -- but I use BOTH 1/2 c. green pepper and 1/2 c. green onion. I also like to add a can of diced green chilies.