Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy and excellent omelette with a new twist.
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped or 4 ounces sliced black forest ham, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 large green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in cheese, ham, green pepper and onions.
- Butter a 9" x 9" oven proof casserole dish and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Yummy! The bomb, super fluffy! Best way to make an omelette! I added Heavy Whipping Cream instead of the half and half, and used polish sausage instead of the ham. Topped with hot Picante sauce, easy and very good! Thanks!
Excellent! Easy to make. I didn't have any half and half, so I substituted 1/2 TBSP of butter (melted) and added enough milk to make 1/2 cup. Delicious! Thanks!
Delicious and so easy! I halved the recipe and cooked in a 9 by 5 pan, and it worked perfectly. Served with hash browns for a wonderful brunch.