Recipe by LAURIE
I make these when I have extra time, pop them in the freezer and the kids have something to grab, pop in the microwave and out to the bus on those hectic mornings!
Top Review by GaylaV
I cooked it more like a regular omelet and then transferred it to the broiler with the buttered bread and cheese. It tasted very good, the veggies were great. It is quite greasy just as a grilled cheese but good just the same. I can't see myself scrambling the eggs and having the veggies seperate. I thought I would but then it seemed easier and less messy to go the other route when I already had the frying pan out. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 4 ounces cooked sausage (or both) or 4 ounces bacon (or both)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices cheese, your choice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 12 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, meat, onion, peppers, mushrooms and salt and pepper in a bowl, mix well.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place 6 slices butter side down on a baking sheet.
- Layer with egg mixture.
- Top with slice of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread butter side up.
- Brown bread on both sides under broiler.
- Serve Immediately or freeze for later.