1/2 Photos of Denver Omelet Panini
I was wanting something different for breakfast and was doing some browsing. I found a couple of recipes for omelet sandwiches but did not have the proper ingredients and was inspired to create this delicious breakfast treat. The bread I used was a green chili cheese bread; however any good quality bread cut 1/2 inch thick will work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, divided, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 4 slices bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1To an 8-inch omelet pan, add 1 to 2 teaspoons butter and place over medium heat to warm.
- 2Add the sliced onions and bell peppers, stirring until onions are wilted.
- 3Stir in the diced Canadian bacon and cook until warmed.
- 4Beat together the eggs and yogurt/sour cream, salt and pepper, pour over onion mixture and cook until bottom is set.
- 5As the egg sets, pull cooked portion to the center allowing the uncooked portions to run to bottom of pan.
- 6When omelet is set on bottom there are a couple of options, if you have another omelet pan the same size, you can flip the omelet into the other, you could put under the broiler the broiler for a few minutes to set or if you are really good flip the omelet and allowing it to finish cooking.
- 7Lightly butter the bread with softened butter, cut omelet in half and using half for each sandwich place on unbuttered side of bread, top with shredded cheese and cover with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- 8Cook on preheated Panini press as per manufacturer’s recommendations until browned.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Denver Omelet Panini
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 496.9 mg
- Sodium 1057.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 31.4 g