Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup soft margarine
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (savina) or 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jars jalapeno-stuffed green olives
- 2 cups flour
- Blend the cheese and butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt and chile powder.
- Mix well.
- Wrap the dough around an olive, covering it completely.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Note: These do not spread like a cookie so you can space them close on the sheet.
Definitely a 5 or higher - we loved your Denver Broncos. I used Jumbo Jalapeno stuffed Olives , dried the olives well before wrapping the dough around them- I made them in the AM, refrigerated them until popping them in the oven just 15 minutes before serving.. Very easy recipe to make. This was the first appetizer to a Christmas Eve Buffet Enjoyed by all Thanks Iowahorse - this is a definate "DO AGAIN" I have already e-mailed it to a friend! — I made these again and as you can see by the photo they ran- I cut the recipe in half and may not have had quite enough flour this time.If cutting the recipe in half I reccomend 1 1/4 cups flour I simply cut them apart and they were wonderful-To make it easier to cover the Olives I suggest putting the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes after mixing - this recipe stays in my permanent Appetizer cook book!
This recipe was gross! I really had high hopes after reading highly rated reviews. The bread was just too greasy and was very very bland. It had a consistency of some waxy melted plastic. The olives on the other hand were salty and spicy. They didn't go together at all. I will not make this again.
delicious and now LOVE jalapeno stuffed olives!