Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Those of you in the healthcare industry will know what I mean by "dental soft". These are a remodelled version of my Better Bikkies (Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Cookies) recipe, these ones I made smaller and softer for our old mutt who hardly has any teeth left, is chronically constipated and has bad joints! Note for would be bakers: I cut the chilled dough into the pieces and freeze them on baking sheets so that I can bake off as needed. 350F for about 11-12 minutes works from frozen.
- 295.73 ml rolled oats
- 44.37 ml buckwheat groats (kasha)
- 236.59 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 177.44 ml smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 1 egg
- rye flour
- 236.59 ml barley flour
- 118.29 ml quinoa flour
- 59.14 ml ground sunflower seeds
- 177.44 ml soy flour
- 59.14 ml psyllium, fibre husks
- 59.14 ml teff flour
- 2.46 ml guar gum
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 78.07 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml minute tapioca
- 59.14 ml whole flax seed
- 118.29 ml bacon bits
- In a large bowl, combine oats, kasha, applesauce, chicken stock, oil, honey, peanut butter and boiling water, stirring well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and glucosamine (if using), followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Working in batches, roll out the dough between sheets of waxed paper and cut into small squares or rectangles.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10 minutes. Cool on the sheets.