Recipe by Olha
The richest chocolate square ever eaten. Your kids will rate this 11 out of 10. The secret to a good brownie is slight under baking. Insert a skewer in the cake at the edge of the pan. It should come out clean, but the center should still be slightly moist; the brownies will continue to cook while cooling.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, on low heat, melt the chocolate. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the cooled melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the side comes out clean.
- (The center should still be slightly moist.).
- Cool in the pan and cut into bars.
- Makes about 4 dozen 2 x 1-inch bars.
- Lucy Waverman’s Cooking School Cookbook.