1/2 Photos of Dense Lemon Squares
These are like a lemon version of brownies. From the The Baking Sheet published by King Arthur flour. I haven't tried making these using the optional nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar (7 ounces)
- 59.14 ml lemon juice (2 ounces)
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 177.44 ml melted unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks, 6 ounces)
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour (7 1/2 ounces)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts (3 ounces( optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Butter a 9" square pan.
- 2Beat the eggs until light and thick.
- 3Add the sugar and beat well. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and melted butter, beating to combine.
- 4Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. If using, stir in the nuts.
- 5Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 36 minutes or until the center is no longer wobbly and the cake just begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 6Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- 7To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar and the lemon juice.
- 8Spread on cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if using. Cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dense Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 134.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g