Recipe by Laurie150
Brownies like they should be, without any gluten or casein. This is my standby, easy-as-pie brownie recipe, that is really easy to add anything you like into. I use a mix of Bob's All Purpose Gluten-free blend and a little starch for the total of 1/2 c. gluten-free flour. I've made these vegan with egg-replacer.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar (I use 3/4 to a cup, as they can get pretty sweet!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cocoa and margarine 'til well combined.
- Mix in sugar until completely saturated.
- Break egg into a small bowl, then mix completely into cocoa mixture. Do the same with the second egg.
- Stir in extracts.
- Mix in flour, combining completely but not overmixing.
- Stir in non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness.
- Let cook in pan, then remove and eat it. Don't share.