Recipe by dojemi
This recipe is from 'Sweet Dreams' by Ina Pinkney. Easy to make and flourless which makes it perfect for the Passover holiday.
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 lb high quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 8 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the butter, chocolate and coffee and melt slowly, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- Whisk the eggs into the melted chocolate until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and cool on a wire rack until it reaches room temperature.
- Remove the sides of the pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, before serving.