1/1 Photo of Dense and Hearty Apple Pumpkin Bread
My own recipe, made for a filling, healthy breakfast or anytime you need a quick, healthy snack. Dice the apples according to how you like them, make them small if you don't like tasting big pieces of apple in your breads. Use 2 large eggs if you like the bread moister and melty. Otherwise 1 large egg will get you a very dense bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease one 9x5 loaf pan.
- 3Combine cinnamon, baking soda, flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- 4Combine egg, pumpkin, sugar, water, applesauce and oil in another bowl, beat until blended (but don't blend too finely).
- 5Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stir in until just blended.
- 6Fold in the diced apples gently.
- 7Carefully spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (I have a small oven so it takes a shorter time to bake).
- 9Cool and enjoy. I like my bread sliced and hot, with melted honey spooned onto it or with fat free cream cheese spread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dense and Hearty Apple Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g