Recipe by hellokitty
My own recipe, made for a filling, healthy breakfast or anytime you need a quick, healthy snack. Dice the apples according to how you like them, make them small if you don't like tasting big pieces of apple in your breads. Use 2 large eggs if you like the bread moister and melty. Otherwise 1 large egg will get you a very dense bread.
Top Review by UrbanFoodie cooks
Awesome! This is a hearty recipe that goes well with coffee and keeps you full for hours. My only change to the recipe is the cooking duration. I had to cook it for 50 minutes. <br/><br/>I love the fact that it used brown sugar instead of white. Next time I'm thinking about adding walnuts.
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml rolled oats
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml kosher salt
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 236.59 ml apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 59.14 ml water
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 14.79 ml oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine cinnamon, baking soda, flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine egg, pumpkin, sugar, water, applesauce and oil in another bowl, beat until blended (but don't blend too finely).
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stir in until just blended.
- Fold in the diced apples gently.
- Carefully spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (I have a small oven so it takes a shorter time to bake).
- Cool and enjoy. I like my bread sliced and hot, with melted honey spooned onto it or with fat free cream cheese spread.