Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
My own recipe, made for a filling, healthy breakfast or anytime you need a quick, healthy snack. Dice the apples according to how you like them, make them small if you don't like tasting big pieces of apple in your breads. Use 2 large eggs if you like the bread moister and melty. Otherwise 1 large egg will get you a very dense bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine cinnamon, baking soda, flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine egg, pumpkin, sugar, water, applesauce and oil in another bowl, beat until blended (but don't blend too finely).
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stir in until just blended.
- Fold in the diced apples gently.
- Carefully spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. (I have a small oven so it takes a shorter time to bake).
- Cool and enjoy. I like my bread sliced and hot, with melted honey spooned onto it or with fat free cream cheese spread.
Awesome! This is a hearty recipe that goes well with coffee and keeps you full for hours. My only change to the recipe is the cooking duration. I had to cook it for 50 minutes. <br/><br/>I love the fact that it used brown sugar instead of white. Next time I'm thinking about adding walnuts.
Beautiful! I made 3 mini loaves out of this recipe. I also added golden raisins, and substituted Stevia herb powder for 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. The recipe does not state where to add the oats, but I assumed with the flour/dry mixture.