Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com i would suggest using Kraft singles for the cheese
- butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces deli ham
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 -2 slice processed swiss cheese
- 1 -2 slice American cheese
- hash brown (optional)
- French fries (optional)
- Put two medium-size skillets over medium heat. In one skillet, add a little butter and scramble the two eggs. Salt the eggs to taste. In the other skillet, brown the stack of sliced ham without seperating the slices.
- When the stack of ham slices has browned a bit on both sides, remove it from the pan. Butter one side of each sliceof sourdough bread and put one slice into the pan, buttered side down, to grill.
- Immediately put the slice(s) of Swiss cheese onto the face-up unbuttered side of the bread that is grilling.
- Stack the heated ham slices on the Swiss cheese.
- Scoop the scrambled eggs out of the other pan with a large spatuala and place them on the ham.
- Place the slice(s) of American cheese on the eggs.
- Top off the sandwich with the remaining slice of sourdough bread. Make sure the unbuttered side faces the cheese.
- By this time the bread touching the pan should be grilled to a golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich over and grill the other side for about 2 minutes or until brown.
- Slice the sandwich diagonally through the middle and serve with hash browns or French fries on the side.