Another copycat recipe I found somewhere. From www.TopSecretRecipes.com The original recipe called for butter to fry the french toast in. I find it is not needed when you cook this on a nonstick grill or in a well seasoned cast iron frying pan. I have increased the amount of cinnamon in it, and added some nutmeg as well. You can make this up and freeze it for a quick breakfast, pop a couple of slices in the toaster to reheat. I normally use bread that is cut about 3/4" thick. If you let your bread soak in the mixture you will not get as many servings. You will also have to watch that it is cooked through to avoid the risk of salmonella from the eggs. Serve with your favorite syrups, fresh fruit and whipped cream, or a warm fruit sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk eggs.
- 2Whisk in the other ingredients.
- 3Dip bread in egg mixture to coat both sides.
- 4Let excess batter drain off.
- 5Cook on hot grill till golden, flip and continue cooking.
- 6Keep warm in oven while you cook the rest.
- 7Dust with some icing/powdered/confectioners sugar before serving.
- 8Serve with desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Denny's Copycat Fabulous French Toast by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 191.7 mg
- Sodium 570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g