Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this just searching around on the internet looking for some interesting recipes to try.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups home fries or 2 cups hash browns
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole (optional)
- salt and pepper
- salsa (optional)
- Rub chicken breast with fajita seasoning and let marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Slice marinated chicken into strips.
- Use cooking spray and braise chicken in a hot skillet until done.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet fry and stir on high so as to cook quickly.
- Remove all from heat and set aside. Brown left over cooked potatoes or use frozen hash browns, cooked until desired crispness. Salt and pepper to you taste. Divide in half and place on serving platters.
- Mix egg with half and half, salt and pepper to taste. Cook egg mixture into two separate omelets.
- Place on top of browned potatoes. Place one half of cooked fajita meat and cooked onions and peppers on top of omelet.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese on each platter of fajita platter.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.