Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for Denny's Bacon Slamburger (Crispy hash browns, an egg cooked to order, and two bacon strips top a hand-pressed beef patty covered with Pepper Jack queso).
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 ground beef, patty
- 1⁄2 cup frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 sesame bun, toasted
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- monterrey jack queso cheese sauce, to taste (On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, warm a small amount of cheese sauce and keep on low until ready to use.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and coat lightly with vegetable oil. Toast the bun heel and crown to desired doneness. Set aside.
- Cook the patty on one side to the desired temperature while at the same time you are cooking the hash browns until crispy according to the package directions. Remove from skillet and then place patty on bun (heel) with hash browns on top.
- Heat remainder of the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the egg sunny-side up to the desired doneness. When done, slide egg onto hash browns.
- Top with generous dollop of cheese sauce and place bacon criss-crossed on top of cheese sauce. Add the bun (crown) and you are ready to enjoy!