Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My husband is a cheesecake fiend. An absolute fiend. He loves cheesecake. I love to bake. But, his favourite is the nobake cheesecake his mom used to make for him as a child. I can never find the correct recipe- UNTIL NOW. My sister in law finally gave up the recipe and I'm leaving it here for posterity (also so I can find it again).
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof softened cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 1 (3 ounce) package Dream Whip
- Melt butter and mix the graham crackers, sugar and butter and press into 9" springform pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the icing sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Make the "Dream Whip" according to package directions.
- Fold the whipped topping and cheese mixture together and spread into the pan.
- Chill for 2 hours. Eat by the pan if you are my husband.